Disclaimer: All content on this blog is for informational purposes only. If you use any of this information — you do so with this website’s encouragement to communicate with licensed medical professionals when making decisions about your health, presumably having done your own research, and in full knowledge of this website’s policies. Also, this page includes affiliate links. At no cost to you, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using any of the affiliate links on this page.
The weirdest thing I’ve learned since removing corn from my daughter’s diet and more corn safe foods entering our household is that my daughter’s allergies match… me. Used to think I was dairy/wheat gluten and she was dairy/wheat gluten/corn.
Like, we removed all corn we found in our home from her diet and environment with a corn allergy support group’s recommendations and she’s back on the right track. So it’d be more accurate to say her food allergies are dairy/wheat&corn glutens.
Then she started reacting to many more things and we removed those — all corn derivatives (like citric acid) and byproducts (synthetics). To make our home safe, we just started filtering all of those items out of our grocery lists and eliminating them from our lives.
I started noticing my own body was happier with the removals for hers. Like, less bloating. Actually getting weight off. Here’s the kicker — removing all polyester has made my migraines I’ve had since 2009 stop.
You might give this list of brands a whirl.
Aubby’s Clean Brand Picks
- Royal Basmati rice (in the burlap sack)
- S&W brand organic canned black beans, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans (soaked and rinsed)
- Plantation brand organic unsulphurated blackstrap molasses
- George’s aloe
- Aroy-D coconut milk
- various vitamins
- NOW brand
- Jarrow brand
- Pure Therapro Rx has, so far, been working well for us on D3+K2 and B12
Entegro Health (online)
- Entegro Flourish probiotic
Healthy Traditions (online)
- Tropical Traditions Gold Label Label coconut oil
- palm shortening
- Teffco teff flour
Stores: Aldis, Publix, Whole Foods
- Dakota dried northern beans
- Fremont wild caught fish
- Simply Nature brand:
- Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ground flax
- oil (olive oil, avocado oil)
- canned pinto and black beans, but starting to react more (kidney beans have already been right out)
- We mostly just shop Farmers Market. Currently living on: cabbage, sweet potatoes, lettuce, cauliflower, carrots, onions, apples. The grass fed+finished meat lady was there today so we got beef too.
- An organic produce store might also have items. One near to us has fruit preserves, coconut aminos, and Farmers Market stuff like broccoli when we can’t make it.
- Single Spices: Frontier, Penzeys, Simply Organic
- Salt: Celtic grey sea salt, coarse pink Himalayan
Bragg’s brand Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)
- Plain Native deodorant
- Plain Desert Essence shampoo is okay, and conditioner mostly okay for her
- Redmond Earthpaste Unsweetened, with Concentrace Trace Minerals dripped on
- GladRags reusable pads
- Lena Cup
- 1/2 C each of Borax, A&H Washing Soda, Bragg’s brand Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)
- No dryer stuff needed unless wool balls are desired
- Zero water filter pitcher
- Crystal Geyser poured into safe container
- ProPur filtered shower head
100% materials for clothing of: cotton, cotton denim, linen, untreated wool, twill, cotton flannel, pima cotton, cotton modal is acceptable, ethically sourced leather, etc.