ChromoChallenges began as a blog about coping
- with the Partial Trisomy 18 diagnosis my child Aubby was born with
- the Balanced Translocation diagnosis I found out because of it
- and Special Needs Care Tips my family’s learned along the way
and other challenges that’ve come with understanding chromosomal differences my daughter and I were born with.
But it’s so much more. After four intensive years of observations and using least-noninvasive care approaches, we’ve handled
- Aubby’s health across multiple medical disciplines (GI, PT, etc.)
- my issues with fertility as a Balanced Translocation carrier (including having a child with nontypical chromosomes, repeat miscarriage, and what I did to have a chromotypical child)
- Aubby’s health events vs those of chromotypical children
and how I’ve solved my daughter’s health needs over time has led to my conclusion that health (immediate and generational) begins in the Gut.
And since health begins in the Gut, ChromoChallenges now includes content for
- learning Clean Living
- easy tips to reduce inflammation
- natural Gut care
- Gut-friendly food tips and recipes including fermentation
- taking things a step further and learning to grow food
- going even further and learning to symbiotically farm (my family’s BIG GOAL)
using the same least-invasive methods my family uses at home. (As I keep learning, I’ll link more these up!)
I truly hope my work helps you as much as it helps my family.
I’m an Independent Researcher and Medical Mom. My work on ChromoChallenges comes out of helping my daughter. Depending how things work for her, her fixes often help our whole home. Whatever I find works reliably for us, I share so others might also benefit their health.
My life’s where these issues came together in 2015. I’m here to share my experiences, and help others develop their own approaches.
I attended Missouri State University and have a background in technical writing (BS degree, 2009) with creative writing flair (MA degree, 2011).
My experience spans research, writing, copyediting, and data entry in creative, archaeological, medical/scientific, and manufacturing fields.
Most recently, BECAUSE Entegro Flourish has helped my daughter so much, I became an Entegro Consultant! Please feel free to get some of your own Flourish through my personal Entegro Consultant page! If you have questions, please ask using the ChromoChallenges Facebook group messenger. I’m happy to get you any answers you need. (The official website ChromoChallenges email is currently experiencing some technical issues.) Thanks!
- An All Natural Childbirth vs. Childbirth with an Epidural. Written by Jessica Plummer, edited by and featured at The Perfect Pregnancy Plan. 18 January 2020.
- Redefining Trisomy 18: More Than Ten Percent (Surviving the First Year as a Trisomy Mama). Jessica & Aubby Plummer, Partial Trisomy 18. 18 September 2018.
- Cady RK, Farmer K, Hall J. The Bowel and Migraine. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2012 March. [DOI: 10.1007/s11916-012-0258-y.]
This article explores possible relationships between migraine, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), celiac disease (CD), and gluten sensitivity. I researched migraine, gluten sensitivity, gluten diet, the bowel, and nervous systems using online and print materials. I wrote the literature review for this paper but was primary writer for the portion on gluten sensitivity.
Thanks for visiting.
Nice to meet you. Welcome to the courage it takes to stand for who and what you believe in. What I know is—
It’s okay to not be okay. What we need to do is accept and care for where we are. The way forward is you need to believe in you.
Don’t get caught in “can’t” – so much more is possible. Just find, allow, and be open to reaching your best outcomes.
- Homeblended Diet Basics
- How 4 Changes Fixed Chronic Diarrhea
- How To Change A G-tube In 6 Steps
- G-tube Stoma Barrier Cream
- Difficult IV Insertions and What To Do
- Chiropractic Care for Scoliosis